Sunday, December 26, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up #11


I'm signing up with the Caffeinated Reviewer for Sunday Post and Reader Buzz for Sunday Salon.


I hope every one had a wonderful Holiday. I have/ had a three day weekend so I relaxed got some reading done. Unplug from the internet, for the most part. We're going out to my Mom's later today. I'm pretty excited I asked for Amazon gift cards from folks so I could get a new Kindle. I bought a 10 inch Kindle Fire. I love my old 7 but it's almost 10 years old and is having some issues reregistering the touch screen and tends to crash frequently. I got a 128 gig SD card to go with it for extra storage. If all goes as planned that should be here Tuesday. Other bookish related present my Hubby got me the boxset of the Dragon Age Novels. This is one of my favorite games and I've wanted the novels for a while now. He also got me some bookish planner stickers, I'm a sticker addict and love my planners. I also received several She Hulk comics that I was missing for my collection. 
 
I reached my Holiday Reading Burn out point shortly before Christmas and went back to reading my ghost stories. I feel bad I didn't do very well on my own challenge but a girl can only take so much Holiday Cheer. Frankly I'm glad it's over. 


My hubby got me the entire Dragon Age Novel Collection for Christmas.




Freebie 


Kindle Unlimited





Click on the cover to go to the Goodreads page


These two have been placed on the back burner/



 
                



What you might have missed this week on the blog. 








6 comments:

  1. I read the first book in the Camilla Isley Christmas series, I need to read the rest! Maybe next year for the holidays, because like you I have a time limit for reading holiday stories. My Nook e-reader is old, but I don't want to get a new one because it still works and the type of cover it has is perfect for sitting it up while I'm eating and so I can read easily without holding it, and I haven't found many covers like that for any of the new ones. Happy holidays!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not really a Christmas person so it was a lot. I actually didn't get a case, I'll probably ask for one for Mother's day or some other present.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! Yay for gift card! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! :) Yes Yay for gift cards!

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy your new Kindle. I've given up on Kindle and just read on my iphone. It's so much faster and of course it's small and is with me everywhere anyway. I'm glad you had a nice holiday!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you had a nice one too. I got it for two reasons one I love my 7 inch, but two the kids keep barrowing my laptop to play games so I can use this as a tablet as well. It will as connect to a blue tooth keyboard and I can use it like a laptop. I have the kindle app on my phone and use that a lot too. It's always with me to for doc appt and whatnot I just read on that.

      Delete