Saturday, January 29, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up #12


I'm signing up with the Caffeinated Reviewer for Sunday Post and Reader Buzz for Sunday Salon.


Sorry I haven't posted in the last few weeks things haven't been great here I'll spare you most of it. Last week Little Man tested positive for Covid. We're all vaccinated, wear masks, take precaution's. But things happen. Anyway the reason I bring this up is I was completely shocked by the schools response when I called to inform them. I spoke with the Nurse and asked what I needed to do for him to go back to school. Her response was that as long as his fever was gone and symptoms had improved he could come back no neg test required. I hadn't even been sick and my work required a neg test before I could go back. He's better and has gone back to school, but I keep hearing all this stuff and for the school to be so blithe about it makes me wonder if they are taking this seriously or just going through the motions. 
Little Man also had a doctors appt. on Tuesday. I was seriously hoping it would be his last but that was not the case. He needs to go in for an MIR of his right wrist to check the healing and of course more PT. I want him to be ok, but will this never end. My daughter didn't go through all this when she broke her wrist.
We're training two new girls at work and I'm taking on more of an official Asst. Supervisor role in our dept. It's still less work than when I was Manager of my own dept, but a lot of work. I'm also doing the planning for the stores Reading Awareness Week, which will be the first week of March. 
So I've been feeling a little overwhelmed and working on the blog just has not been on my priority list, but I do need to get caught up on reviews and tours. 


Bookish news: I was ecstatic when I received the email saying that the new Ellie Jordan book had come out 7 months early, it was slated for July. I absolutely love this series it's the only one I can read over and over and not get tired of. It's also the only series that I will preorder the next one even if it's almost a year in advance. 



Click on the cover to go to the Goodreads page

Kindle Unlimited


 




 
                


What you might have missed this week on the blog. 

I've been slacking

 Comment and leave me a link so I can return the visit.







12 comments:

  1. That's terrible that the school is so blythe about the COVID. No wonder he was exposed and go it. I hope his wrist heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was very upset with their reaction.

      Delete
  2. Well with the school's response no wonder he got Covid. They aren't taking hardly any precautions. I realize that kids tend to not get as sick but some kids will and worse they may infect the adults in their lives who may not do well. I was glad my daughter chose again to do all online school this semester.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish we had that option again this year, but they aren't even doing remote days or elearning days when we have snow days like they did last year. It's weird.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry your son got Covid. That is weird and honestly? I feel like our school is pretty blase about it too. It boggles my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just glad it's over. But I kinda feel like people are just over it and don't care anymore. It's unsettling.

      Delete
  4. Can you imagine being a school teacher or a school nurse right now? Eek! What a disaster. Hope all are well. My Sunday Salon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a teachers aid for a bit before covid and it was interesting. I can't imagine doing it now with all the restrictions. I feel bad for what they are going through, but I'm also putting a lot of trust in them by putting my child in their care. I don't want to think that trust in misplaced and after everything that has happened this year with the school and my son... well I'm being to wonder.

      Delete
  5. My sister-in-law couldn't take all that's going on in the schools right now and she left her job in the schools this week.

    I'm glad you were able to take a little time and post. I hope things will calm down for you even more soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I'm sorry she had to do that. Thank you, I hope so too.

      Delete
  6. I feel your pain! I was absolutely gobsmacked when my daughter told me they'd given up testing at the schools here, too. And then they report on the News that it's children of school age where the infection rate keeps rising where the rest of the population it's falling - as if it's a huge surprise!!! I hope the coming week is a kinder one, SJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels like they've just given up. Well I hope you have a great week.

      Delete